The Other Side of Dan

This blog has been created with the sole intention of self-expression.

14.1.05

This isn't a case of sour grapes

It made me sad,
when you did not come,
not because you did not come.
Because you had promised
you would come,
and yet you did not.

I was sad for a few days,
kept waiting for you,
but now I have realised,
your arrival
would not have changed anything,
I would have had to fight alone,
even if you would have wanted to help me,
you did not have the capability.
So I'm glad you did not come.
I would have felt really bad,
if you would have come,
and failed me.

6 Comments:

At 12:26 PM, Blogger Kathak - The Story Teller! said...

>>>I would have felt really bad,
if you would have come,
and failed me<<<

Maybe as against "really bad", betrayed, deceived, cheated are words you're looking for?

 
At 12:28 PM, Blogger Kathak - The Story Teller! said...

And yes, this surely isn't a case of sour grapes, its how things work. Its also one of the many reasons why the word "wistful" is there in the english dictionary!

 
At 6:32 AM, Blogger Daneshia said...

Sour grapes or no sour grapes, this is how one must feel (one must feel!!!) to get on with life.

 
At 9:36 AM, Blogger Kathak - The Story Teller! said...

One must feel?
And we're getting at........ ?

 
At 11:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We MUST feel ...??? hmm...

no one told me ... how on earth can we control what we feel..!!

 
At 1:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome poem. beautiful narration of betrayal..(i figured it so)

love

 

Post a Comment

<< Home